负责区域：苏丹, 约旦, 多哥, 乍得, 埃及, 巴林, 也门, 马里, 加纳, 贝宁, 阿曼, 突尼斯, 乌克兰, 科威特, 黎巴嫩, 叙利亚, 立陶宛, 俄罗斯, 西班牙, 卡塔尔, 南蘇丹, 几内亚, 吉布提, 尼日尔, 摩洛哥, 利比亚, 冈比亚, 塞内加尔, 拉脱维亚, 爱沙尼亚, 白俄罗斯, 塞拉利昂, 利比里亚, 象牙海岸, 西撒哈拉, 尼日利亚, 几内亚比绍, 沙特阿拉伯, 埃塞俄比亚, 毛里塔尼亚, 厄立特里亚, 布基纳法索, 阿尔及利亚, 巴勒斯坦领土, 阿拉伯联合酋长国
“I specialize in international sporting events and mega-events and have organized large-scale interpretation services in Europe but also in Korea, China, Singapore, etc…
Over the years, I’ve had the good fortune to work with a number of sporting institutions. Providing services to organizations like the Madrid Olympic bids, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) or the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), and the Olympics, as Chief Interpreter of both the Barcelona Olympics and the Singapore Youth Olympics, has been professionally enlightening, but also a great deal of fun!”
“But being the Chief Interpreter for the Universal Forum of Cultures Barcelona 2004 over 5 months was perhaps the most memorable experience. The 50 dialogues organized during the Forum welcomed some 2500 conference speakers and nearly 70,000 participants from over 170 countries!
This collective tour de force engendered some 4,700 interpreter days, with an average of 60 interpreters on site every day, working under my management. It was certainly the highlight of my career so far and the most rewarding experience.”
A few noteworthy projects
- Chief Interpreter for the IUCN World Conservation Congresses in Jeju, Korea, 2012 and Barcelona 2008, providing some 50 interpreters to the world’s largest conservation event.
- Chief Interpreter, Universal Forum of Cultures Barcelona 2004 (for a total of 4700 interpreter/days) responsible for language policy and daily assignment of up to 124 interpreters over 5 months.
- Chief Interpreter, XXV Olympics and Paralympics, Barcelona 1992 and Singapore Youth Olympics 2010, including interpreter selection, recruitment and daily assignment, as well as arrangements for their accreditation, documentation, accommodation, transport and payment.
- Staff interpreter, following international competition, with the International Monetary Fund, Washington D.C (1984-86).
“The Singapore Youth Olympic Games were the first of their kind and therefore the interpretation needs were unique as well as difficult to predict. Yet Danielle as Chief interpreter did a remarkable job, from recruiting a younger team of professionals more suitable for the youth whilst at the same time with the experience and language combinations needed, to ensuring the project management of all requests were dealt with efficiently and promptly.
Danielle understood the Organizing Committee's needs perfectly and provided a custom-made solution focusing on quality, cost-efficiency and all within extremely strict time-frames.
We were very fortunate to count on such a reliable and professional partner”.
Emma Mas-Jones, Language Manager, Singapore Youth Olympics
“Calliope showed diligence, dependability and exceptional efficiency in dealing superbly with the challenge and unpredictability of organizing 4,700 interpreter-days over 5 months for the Universal Forum of Cultures.”
Miquel Miró- Chief of Operations- Universal Forum of Cultures Barcelona 2004
"I enjoyed very much working with Calliope. Excellent professionals, always looking for a solution and always ready to help with a nice smile."
Enrique J. Lahman, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Accreditations and memberships
- Member of the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC)
- European Union and Council of Europe
- United Nations Agencies (FAO, ILO, UNEP, UNESCO, UNOV, UPU, WHO,WIPO)
- IMF and World Bank
- European Central Bank and African Development Bank
- US State Department
- International Olympic Committee and International Paralympic Committee
- FIBA, UEFA and FIFA
This CV contains personal information and is covered by the intellectual property rights enjoyed by Calliope-Interpreters and its members. It is forbidden to copy, change or re-use this material in any way without the prior express consent in writing of the individual member concerned.