Calliope and its members all belong to the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), which sets standards in the field of conference interpreting.
You are here
Interpretation Services Provider
Location:San Francisco, CA, USA
Phone:Toll Free (within the USA): +1 (877) 708-0005; Office phone: +1 (415) 539-6694; Direct: +1 (415) 407-2146
Responsible for:Puerto Rico, United States of America
"One of the most memorable experiences I have had in my career as a Chief Interpreter was having the power go out right before several political leaders were about to take the floor. The client came rushing to me for a solution.
I worked on getting the interpretation services resolved without any power and had interpretation services up and running in 15 minutes in several languages, switching from simultaneous to consecutive. Nothing at the conference was working since the power was out except our interpretation services.
I strongly believe that as a Chief Interpreter my main objective is to provide seamless and effective solutions to my customers. Even without electricity, I was still able to provide professional and high quality interpretation services. I always focus on solutions."
A few noteworthy projects
- Chief Interpreter, US-China Summit, Washington, DC, USA January 2013 (1 plenary and 4 breakout sessions in English and Mandarin)
- Chief Interpreter, Governors' Global Climate Summit (GGCS2), Los Angeles, CA, USA October 2009 (Provided language services in English, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Portuguese, Korean, German, Italian and Indonesian with 1 plenary and 8 breakout sessions)
- Chief Interpreter, Consultative Conference on International Criminal Justice, New York, NY, USA September 2009 (Provided language services in English, Spanish, and French at UN Headquarters)
- Chief Interpreter, Pan-American Health Organization Regional Workshop, San Francisco, CA, USA May 2006 (Provided language services in English and Spanish)
“I cannot overstress the wonderful working relationship we had with you and your staff during our World Meet Conference in Louisville, Kentucky. You certainly took charge of this aspect of our event to ensure that everything was in place and well-rehearsed prior to the first speaker taking the stage. From the onset, I realized that we were in good hands.
Onsite, we found your staff of interpreters to be courteous, well-educated and well suited to the intricacies of working within a high-attendance conference situation. It is a good thing that for the most part, we didn't even know they were there! Judging by reviews we received from our international attendees, your staff also was superb in their language skills. I should also mention that we found your services were competitively-priced and fit well within our budget. We will certainly be in touch prior to our next annual conference event.”
Tom Tulloch, NASPL (The North American State and Provincial Lotteries), Director of Administration
“Chang-Castillo and Associates were meticulous in their preparation and delivery. They were not merely accurate in their interpreting, but worked so hard to ensure the ideas being expressed came fully to life. Just got back from a conference in Hungary where the interpreters sent everyone to sleep – flat as a pancake. A great contrast with Chang-Castillo and Associates!”
John Lotherington, Salzburg Global Seminar
Accreditations and memberships
- AIIC (International Association of Conference Interpreters)
- TAALS, the American Association of Language Specialists
- United Nations Family of Organizations
- Federal Government of Canada
- World Bank
- US Department of Justice, Federally Certified Court Interpreter (FCCI)
This CV contains personal information and is covered by the intellectual property rights enjoyed by Calliope-Interpreters and its members. It is forbidden to copy, change or re-use this material in any way without the prior express consent in writing of the individual member concerned.