Calliope and its members all belong to the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), which sets standards in the field of conference interpreting.
Responsible for:France, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Monaco
"At the emblematic Conference on Multilingualism organized by the French Presidency of the European Union in 2008, I was proud to serve as chief interpreter. I consider it a special accomplishment that I was able to offer participants the opportunity to speak in 17 European languages --- despite the lack of space in the venue that only allowed for 8 simultaneous interpretation booths.
I always managed to provide French multinational Dassault Systems with high-quality Chinese, Japanese and Korean interpretation for their annual customers event, even though interpreters with these languages are rare in France and in Europe and are usually booked months in advance by international organisations.
I experienced the power of seamless collaboration in the Calliope network to an IT client for its numerous road shows in several European countries (Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, France) over many years, for which I provided interpretation in all languages."
A few noteworthy projects
- Numerous Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings for a large French company, especially during a two-year period of upheaval and change of control within the group.
- A large number of side events at the United Cities and Local Governments World Summit held in Morocco in October 2013 in English, French, Arabic and Spanish, with a team of 35 interpreters. Despite constant changes in the number of meetings, language combinations and schedule, I was able to cover all needs.
- Projects of a more unusual nature such as West Indian Theatre, Commitment in the Workplace, Picasso’s use of industrial paints, the Cultural History of Work, Pastoralism, Europiano, … to mention but a few.
"Martine is an excellent professional with whom it’s extremely pleasant to work. Martine is always available, always finds efficient solutions to our needs, very often on short notice."
Armelle Larsonneur – HR Director, Elsevier Masson (Elsevier Masson is part of Reed Elsevier, world-leading provider of professional medical information and solutions)
"Tasked with organizing the annual congress of the International Society for Cultural History, l'Institut d'Histoire Culturelle Européenne (Château de Lunéville, France) chose Calliope for its reputation in academic circles. The outstanding quality of the interpreting, and the availability and adaptability of the interpreters went a long way to making this event a great success. Many thanks!"
Jean-Sébastien Noël – Institut d’histoire culturelle européenne (European institute of cultural history)
"We work regularly with CALLIOPE, that way we’re sure of an impeccable job, not just in terms of the quality of the interpreting, but also from the point of view of responsiveness, ability to adapt to the situation, and logistics."
Christine Grigoresco - Factory Systèmes (Industrial automation equipment and software)
Accreditations and memberships
- AIIC (International Association of Conference Interpreters)
- European Union
- United Nations
- French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
This CV contains personal information and is covered by the intellectual property rights enjoyed by Calliope-Interpreters and its members. It is forbidden to copy, change or re-use this material in any way without the prior express consent in writing of the individual member concerned.