Calliope and its members all belong to the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), which sets standards in the field of conference interpreting.
Responsible for:Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Malta, Serbia, Slovenia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey
"On the basis of a tender, the Greek Parliament selected ELIT as its exclusive interpretation provider during the Greek EU Presidency.
As consultant interpreter, I organized and oversaw interpretation services throughout this organizationally complex project and ensured the highest standard of quality so as to protect the prestige of the Hellenic Parliament.
As chief interpreter, I led teams of simultaneous interpreters assigned by ELIT during the high level conferences of the “Parliamentary Dimension”. I also coordinated teams of interpreters assigned by DG INTE of the European Parliament and by various national Parliaments.
The highlight of the Parliamentary Dimension was the prestigious “Inter-parliamentary Conference on the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) and the Common Defence and Security Policy (CSDP)”, in the presence of Baroness Catherine Ashton, the EU High Representative on Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. Throughout this conference, I coordinated simultaneous interpretation for multiple parallel sessions as well as an on-site translation team.
This collaboration with the Hellenic Parliament --- indeed with most other Government agencies during the first quarter of 2014 --- came as confirmation of the fact that when it’s quality that counts, ELIT is the preferred interpretation solution provider for the region’s most demanding clients."
A few noteworthy projects
- "I have coordinated interpretation and have personally interpreted for some of the most critical high-level meetings between Greece and the IMF, the European Central Bank and the European Commission since the outbreak of the debt crisis and the launch of the country’s restructuring program in 2010."
- "I have managed complex simultaneous interpretation projects --- with up to 10 languages --- in outlying areas of Greece for various international organisations, involving complex travel, accommodation and equipment arrangements."
- "I have delivered complete simultaneous interpretation solutions for ~25 international conferences for the European Economic and Social Committee (2008-2014), thus making ELIT the preferred partner of the EESC in South-East Europe. The EESC awarded ELIT all of its conferences and meetings in Greece during the Hellenic Presidency."
- "The World Bank has been relying on ELIT for the provision of Technical Assistance to the Greek Government since the launch of the restructuring programme."
- "I successfully negotiated a framework contract with the Hellenic Privatisation Fund (Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund), which entrusted all of its interpretation and translation work to ELIT in 2013. The quality of the services provided has twice led the HRADF to renew the framework contract."
“As the Hellenic Presidency draws to a close, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the outstanding cooperation we have enjoyed over the past few months. The parliamentary dimension of the Hellenic Presidency has been a success, and the input provided by ELIT Language Services and Calliope-Interpreters has been instrumental in achieving this.”
Anastasia Frangou, Head of the Directorate for European Affairs
Accreditations and memberships
- International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC)
- European Commission
- European Parliament
- International Monetary Fund
This CV contains personal information and is covered by the intellectual property rights enjoyed by Calliope-Interpreters and its members. It is forbidden to copy, change or re-use this material in any way without the prior express consent in writing of the individual member concerned.