Calliope and its members all belong to the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC), which sets standards in the field of conference interpreting.
Responsible for:Denmark, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden
“As a Consultant Interpreter I make sure I have a thorough understanding of my clients’ business needs. In partnership with each client, I can tailor a service that will meet their needs and deliver it at the highest quality level, with a personal touch. Knowing that I have achieved this for my client is, each time, the highlight of my professional life.”
A few noteworthy projects
- Member of the official Interpreting Team at the G8 Summit, Gleneagles, Scotland, July 2005, hosted by Tony Blair and St Petersburg, Russia, July 2006, hosted by Vladimir Putin.
- Consultant Interpreter and Chief Interpreter, High-Level Diplomatic Conference to Negotiate a Treaty on Cluster Munitions, Dublin, May 2008.
- Consultant Interpreter for the visit of Chancellor Angela Merkel to Dublin, April 2008.
- Consultant Interpreter and Chief Interpreter, World Liquefied Petroleum Gas Forum, London 2013.
“As co-organisers of the 108th International Institute of Banking Studies (IIEB) conference we are writing to thank you for the excellent level of service and attention which you and your staff gave last weekend at the conference. The conference was very important for both Banks and for the image of Ireland among a very influential audience. We greatly appreciate the assistance both you and your staff gave in ensuring that the conference was a huge success.”
Jacqui McCrum, AIB Group & Lisa Browne, Bank of Ireland
“The Conference of EU National Hunting Association was a big success and your interpreters, each of whom I made a point of meeting personally, were excellent and this was formally recognised and acknowledged by the conference Chair and the delegates by applause. It was a pleasure to work with you and them.”
Des Crofton, National Director, National Association of Regional Game Councils (NARGC)
“Calliope-Interpreters provided an excellent interpretation service at the informal meeting of the EU Chief Veterinary Officers (CVOs) held in the Royal Hospital, Kilmainham. This company is highly professional and provides an excellent service.”
Billy McAteer, Senior Superintending Veterinary Inspector, Irish Presidency Chief Veterinary Officers Organising Committee on 2013
Accreditations and memberships
- AIIC (International Association of Conference Interpreters)
- ITIA (Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association)
- European Commission
- European Parliament
- European Central Bank
- Department of the Taoiseach, Ireland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office, UK
- French Embassy in Ireland
This CV contains personal information and is covered by the intellectual property rights enjoyed by Calliope-Interpreters and its members. It is forbidden to copy, change or re-use this material in any way without the prior express consent in writing of the individual member concerned.