Calliope and sustainable development
- We recommend that whenever possible our interpreters choose the train over the plane and public over private transport to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We do all we can to limit the use of paper.
- Our communications are basically via e-mail.
- We have developed a secure system for electronically storing documents that can be consulted on-line.
- We encourage our interpreters to avoid imported products and support the local economy wherever they work.
- As mediators of meaning and culture between different languages we are by definition respectful of diversity.
- We encourage our clients to avoid all-purpose English, as it is often poorly mastered and detracts from a clear message better expressed in a person's mother tongue.
Connecting cultures for a better world